Thursday, March 1, 2012

My Passion is Knowledge

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

As an introductory post, I feel as if I should say a few things about myself.

My name is Zen Wolfang, I live in Seattle and I (officially) study astronomy. When I'm not reading up on physical concepts or gazing at the night sky, my time is spent learning more about the world around us, in fields ranging from biology to robotics to psychology.

There is an incredible amount to learn and we have never been as well-equipped to process that glut as we are now. I feel privileged to live in the 21st century, where we have devices in our pockets that can bring us nearly every iota of information that mankind has ever collected (save for that lost during catastrophes such as the destruction of the Library of Alexandria).

One of the truly wonderful things about that is not only the novelty, but how widespread it has all become in the last decade. In some of the most under-developed countries on the planet, average citizens are utilizing mobile technology to build new and more prosperous lives for themselves and their communities.

In the coming weeks and months, I will be filling this blog space with things that I've learned in my life and my perspectives on exciting current events in the realms of science and technology. I certainly hope you find yourself as awestruck by some of this as I do.

In closing, I would like to leave you with a message/philosophy that has recently struck a chord with me, in the form of the following image:
The Scientist's Manifesto, mrbazooka

No comments:

Post a Comment